Spinach is truly a wonderful leafy green that packs a lot of nutrients. This is a simple, healthy, and
delicious puree that can be done quickly. This is a great recipe for kids and adults! Your kids will love this and so
2 Cups of Spinach
2 Red Chillies
2 Garlic/1 Tsp of garlic powder
Salt and water as needed.
- First take some water in a deep bottom pan, add some salt and boil it. Let the water come to a rolling boiling temperature. At this point put chopped or whole spinach leaves in the boiling water. Boil it for 2 minutes or just until wilted.
- Now turn off the stove. Immediately, “shock” the blanched spinach in cold water(it will keep the color of spinach green) and drain the excess of water.
- On other side heat a pan with oil and fry the red chillies and garlic until it changes color.
- Finally in a blender add the spinach, red chillies, garlic and salt. Blend it until smooth and creamy.
- If you don't like garlic flavour , just make puree with spinach, red chillies and salt.
- Spinach Puree is a good accompanient for Spicy Kulambu like vatha kulambu.
Health Benefits for Spinach
- One cup of cooked spinach has 42 mg of calcium.
- Spinach is your best bet for folic acid, which helps keep cells all over the body growing and functioning well.
- It's an incredible nonanimal protein source of iron, which delivers oxygen all over the body, providing much-needed energy to kids' muscles.
- Spinach also helps regulate blood sugar and keeps your children's hearts healthy because it's high in potassium and magnesium.
Labels: South Indian Recipes