are the favourite vegetable for everyone in the world.Potatoes provide the body with an essential source of fuel and energy,
which you need even when dieting. As a rich carbohydrate source, they
help to fuel all reactions in the body which you need for movement,
thinking, digestion and cellular renewal.
This masiyal is a simple recipe and it goes well with sambhar rice …give a try…:)
1 Chopped Onion
2 Garlic cloves
1/2 tsp of Turmeric Powder
2 tsp of Sambhar Powder
Salt as needed
1tbsp of oil
1tsp of Mustard
1tsp of Urad dal
1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
Pinch of asafoetida
- Boil the potatoes in microwave for 3 mins.
- Mash the potatoes with spoon or masher
- Heat oil in pan and temper it with mustard, urad dal, curry leaves and asafoetida
- Add chopped onion and fry till it changes transparent. Add chopped garlic to it.
- Sprinkle some salt, turmeric powder and sambhar powder. Mix it well.
- Add mashed potatoes to it and fry till oil seperates.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook it in medium flame for 5 mins till masiyal becomes crispy.
- Swicth of the flame.
- Serve it with sambhar or curd rice
- If you don't have sambhar powder you can add chilly powder
- you can add more oil so it makes potato crispy. Diet people don't try this.
- Add garlic to all potato dishes it helps your stomach digestion.
Prep Time - 10 mins
Cook Time - 15 Mins
Serves - 3 people
Health Benefits of Potatoes
- It acts as a vitamin booster
- Lowers the blood pressure because blood-pressure lowering molecules in potatoes called kukoamines.
- Good for gut health and cardiovascular disease
Labels: Side Dishes