This recipe is a combination of potatoes and bell peppers. Both are delicious, vitamin and fiber rich vegetables. This dish is so flavorful especially with the addition of amchur powder and dried methi leaves. This taste great with roti/naan/curd rice.
1 Big Potato
1 Green Bell Pepper/Capsicum
1/4 Cup of Chopped Onion
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Green Chilly
1 Tsp of Cayeene Pepper/Red Chilly Powder
1 Tsp of Curry Powder
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
A pinch of Amchur Powder(Dried Mango Powder)
1 Tbsp of Dried Methi Leaves(Kasturi Methi)
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Jeera
A Pinch of Asafoetida
Few Curry Leaves
- First wash and chop the potatoes and bell peppers.
- Heat a pan with oil and fry bell peppers and potatoes separately for few mins and keep it aside.
- In the same pan, add little oil "do the tempering" add mustard, jeera, let them turn brown. Add asafoetida and curry leaves. Fry for a few seconds.
- Add chopped onions, salt and cayenne pepper and fry for 3-4 mins.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chilly, fry for few mins
- Add little water and curry powder and fry for few mins. Make sure don't burn them.
- Immediately add the potatoes and little water. Mix well. Cover pan with a lid and cook for 10 mins in medium flame. So that the potatoes absorbs all the flavors.
- Now add the bell peppers and stir well. Cook in medium flame for another 3 mins.
- Add Garam masala, amchur powder and dried methi leaves(one by one). Saute for 2 mins.
- Finally add cilantro for garnishing and serve hot!!!
- It goes well with chapathi's, rasam or curd rice
- If you don't get curry powder, substitute with 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
Health Benefits of Potatoes and Bell Pepper
- Bell peppers and potatoes are rich in vitamin A and C
- Both are rich in dietary fiber.
- Bell peppers are rich in antioxidants.
Labels: North Indian Recipe, Side Dishes