Caramelized onion cheese sandwich is more popular in UK and US. I love to eat this sandwich for my breakfast. Try this sandwich with a cup of hot tea for a good meal on a chilly day...
2 Tbsp of Olive oil /Butter
2 Tbsp of Butter/Ghee
1 Finely chopped Red Onion
2 Whole Wheat Bread
2-3 Tbsp of Cheddar Cheese
A Dash of Pepper and Salt
For the sandwich build
- Heat a pan over medium heat.
- Add butter or olive oil.
- Add onion to it and saute for 5-7 mins until they turn a soft amber color.
- Add pepper and salt to taste.
- Turn off the stove.
- Apply butter/ghee on one side of each slice of bread.
- Place the butter-side of bread-down onto skillet and add caramelized onion over it.
- Add cheddar cheese on one side of
second slice of bread and place butter-side of bread-up on top of
sandwich. Cover skillet with lid and grill until it changes to brown colour and flip over; continue grilling
until cheese is melted.
- Caramelized onion cheese sandwich is ready.
- Now slice the sandwiches on a nice diagonal and serve.
Health Benefits of Caramelized Onion Cheese Sandwich
- Serve with a hot cup of Tea.
- Use any sort of cheese or bread of your choice.
Caramelized Onion Cheese sandwich consists of slice of processed cheese and onions placed between two slices of bread, then grilled in two
tablespoons of butter. These are likely to increase your health benefits by adding
onions or other vegetables, replacing white with whole grain bread and
by using low-fat cheese and butter substitutes.
Labels: American Recipes, Breakfast