Carrots are really an amazing and popular vegetable next to potatoes. Carrot Kheer is a simple and healthy recipe that can be done quickly. It has a good flavors, rich in sweetness and a visual treat to eyes because of its vibrant orange color. Adding milk, ghee and nuts gives extraordinary taste to the kheer.
2 Shredded Carrots (Big)
1.5 Cup of Milk
3 Tbsp of Sugar
3 Tsp of Ghee
- Peel the skin of the carrots and shred it using shredder.
- Heat a pan with 2 Tsp of Ghee, roast the cashews till it turns brown. Add shredded carrots to it and saute well for 2 mins until raw smell goes away. Add little water and allow it to boil for another 2 mins. Switch off the stove. Let it cool down.
- In a blender, grind this carrot- cashew mixture to a smooth paste.
- Again heat a pan with 1 tsp of ghee, add this ground paste and milk. Mix well.
- Add sugar and stir well. Cook for 5- 8 mins until you get thick consistency.
- Add cardamom and stir well again.
- Switch off the stove. Garnish it with roasted cashews.
- Leave it in counter top for 15 mins .Let it cool down.
- Keep refrigerated for 30 mins and enjoy your drink !!!!
- Add condensed milk for extra sweetness.
- Add nuts of your choice(Almonds or pistachio)
- As carrot gives natural color, I didn't add saffron to kheer.
Health Benefits of Carrot
Sending recipe to
- Rich sources of Vit B1, Vit B2, Vit B6, fiber, potassium and thiamine.
- Improves vision.
- Contains Beta-carotene, which serves as a antioxidants
- It has anti-aging properties.