Methi Roti are simply, healthy dish for breakfast or lunch or dinner. As fenugreek Leaves are enriched with minerals like potassium, calcium and Iron. Including fenugreek once or twice a week in diet is good for health. Methi roti can be served with any raita or subzi.
1 Cup of Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup of Fresh methi leaves/Dried Methi Leaves
2 Tbsp of Oil
2 Tbsp of Milk
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric
1/2 Tsp of Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tsp of Cumin
1/2-3/4 Cups of Warm Water
Salt as needed
- Seperate the fenugreek leaves from the bunches and wash well.
- Cut them very small as possible. I used dried methi leaves as I didn't get fresh methi leaves.
- Take a required water in a kettle and boil it.
- In the mean time take a wide bowl and add flour, methi leaves, salt, oil, milk, turmeric, chilly powder, coriander powder and cumin.
- Now add boiled water to the bowl containing flour. Mix well with fork and make a dough like you do for chapathi's. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a tawa or chapathi pan. Meanwhile make a equally sized balls out of the dough and roll it into a circular thin roti's
- Now cook the roti's in medium heat. When bubbles starts appearing, apply oil and flip it to the other side.Let the other side also get cooked.
- Serve with it onion raita or aloo palak or any subzi.
- When you use fresh methi leaves saute well in oil before adding to flour
- You can add butter instead of oil.
- Adding warm water and milk makes roti's soft.
Health Benefits of Methi or Fenugreek Leaves
- Lowering Diabetes I and II
- High in dietary fiber and Vitamin C
- Lowers serum cholesterol.
- Improves digestion.
- Fenugreek Leaves are rich in vitamins, minerals and good source of protein and Iron.
Labels: Breakfast, North Indian Recipe