Vegetable Pulao is a one pot meal, easy to make recipe. This recipe is authentic which has no onion and no garlic in it. This tastes different from our usual vegetable pulao recipe. I make this dish for lunch and it can be done in min. This can be served with raita or any spicy subzi
Ingredients for Jeera Rice
1 cup Basmati Rice
1.5 cups of water
2 Tbsp Oil/Butter
3 Tsp of Cumin Seeds
1 Shah Jeera(opt)
1 Bay leaves
1 Big Cinnamon
2 Big Elaichi/ Small Cardamom
1 Teaspoon of Salt
Ingredients for Masala
3 Tblsp oil/Butter
1 Tsp cumin/Jeera
1/4 Cup of Peas
1/4 Cup of Carrot
1/4 Cup of Beans
5-6 Panner Cubes
1 tsp of Salt
1/2 tsp of Garam Masala
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
2 tbsp Chopped Cilantro
2 Green Chillies
1/2inch of Ginger
Making of Jeera Rice
Making of Vegetable Masala
- Wash and soak the basmathi rice for 1/2 hr.
Heat the oil in a pan/cooker. Test the oil by adding one cumin seed;
if seed crackles then your oil is ready.Add cumin seeds.
- The sheer smell of cumin seeds frying in hot oil makes it more appetizing .
- Add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaves and stir for few seconds.
- Next add the rice. Stir-fry for 2 minutes.
Add required water and salt, bring to a rolling boil and turn the
heat to low. Cover the pan. If you use cooker just close the lid and
wait for the whistle.
In stove top, Cook for about 15 minutes, or until the rice is tender
and the water has evaporated. Turn off the heat and fluffy rice is
- Take a big pan and heat the oil. Test the heat by adding one cumin seed to the oil. If it crackles then oil is ready.
- Add cumin seeds and then add "To Grind" ginger chillies paste. Fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add peas, carrots, paneer and beans. Let them cook for about 4-5 minutes, by closing the lid. Stir occasionally and wait till vegetables are soft.
- Add garam masala and stir well.
- Turn off the heat and add lemon juice.
- Finally transfer the jeera rice into the vegetables masala Hot Vegetable Pulao is ready.
- Garnish the rice with chopped cilantro or coriander leaves and fried cashews.
- You can add onion and garlic if you want.
- Serve it with onion raita or any raita of your choice.
Labels: Lunch Box Items, No Onion No Garlic, North Indian Recipe