Navratan means 9 gems, it includes 9 different vegetables and nuts. Navratan Korma is a famous mughlai dish. This korma is a mix of all veggies, nuts and spices which is absolutely delicious and rich in taste. Serve it with hot roti's and naan.
1/4 Cup of Carrot
1/4 Cup of Beans
5-6 Florets of Cauliflower
1 Chopped Potato(Big)
3-5 Paneer Cubes
2 Tbsp of Oil or Butter
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Cumin
1 Red Chilly
2 Pods of Cardamom
Few Curry Leaves(6)
1 Bay Leaves
1/2 Cup of Onion
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
1/2 Tsp of Turmeric
2 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tsp of Chilly Powder
1/2 Cup of Bell Pepper(Capsicum)
1 Medium Size Tomato
1 Tbsp of Yogurt
2 Tbsp of Fried Onions
1 Tbsp of Kasturi Methi
1 Tsp of Garam Masala
Salt to taste
- Boil or Pressure Cook all the vegetables(carrot, beans, potato, paneer and cauliflower) by adding sufficient water. Once it done, keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil or butter, add mustard seeds and cumin, wait till it crackles then add red chilly, let it turn to dark brown colour, add seeds of cardamom, curry leaves,cashews and bay leaves. Fry for few secs.
- Add chopped onions, ginger garlic paste. Fry for few mins until raw smell goes away.
- In a medium flame, add coriander powder, chilly powder and turmeric. Fry for few secs.
|FRYING ONIONS, GG PASTE, MASALA POWDERS, BELL PEPPER AND TOMATO|
- Immediately add chopped bell pepper and tomato. Fry for 2 mins. Add little water,salt and close the pan with a lid and wait for 2 mins so that oil separates from gravy.
|ADDED WATER , SALT, YOGURT, FRIED ONIONS AND METHI|
- Now add little yogurt, fried onions and kasturi methi. Fry for 1 min. Switch off the stove. Let it cool for sometime. After that, grind it in a blender to a smooth paste.
- Again heat a pan with little oil, add boiled vegetables and pour the ground paste to it. Mix well. Cook for another 5 mins so that vegetables absorbs all the flavors and the gravy thickens and then switch off the stove.
- Navratan korma is ready to serve.
Health Benefits of Navratan Korma
- Serve it with chapathi or phulka or naan.
- Use tofu instead of paneer.
- Add nuts of your choice.
- Add cream instead of yogurt for extra richness.
- This delicious korma is full of vegetables and nuts.
- Rich in proteins and vitamins.
Labels: North Indian Recipe