This delicious Italian sandwich is a burst of classic red, white and green. Pesto is a sauce originated in Liguria
region of northern Italy and traditionally consists of crushed garlic,
basil and pine nuts blended with olive oil, Parmesan cheese and Fiore
(cheese made from sheep's milk). This simple and flavorful sauce along with bread and sweet tomato makes you to float in heaven.
2 Whole Wheat Bread
1 Roma Tomato, Chopped
1-2 Tbsp of Basil Pesto
Dash of Salt and Pepper
1 Slice of Mozzarella Cheese
- Spread Basil Pesto on both sides of the bread.
- Place chopped tomato and mozzarella cheese on top of the basil pesto. Add dash of salt and pepper.
- Place the other side of the bread on top of the tomato to make a sandwich.
- Grill the sandwich until golden brown marks appears.
- Hot sandwich is ready.
- Serve hot sandwich with flavored potato chips or coffee or Tea.
- You can have any cheese instead of mozzarella.
Health Benefits of Basil Pesto Sandwich
- Cheese are great source of protein and calcium. Also contains nutrients like zinc and biotin.
- Basil pesto has more medical properties, as garlic in it has more antioxidant.
- Basil rich in vitamin K.
- Pine nuts are packed full of antioxidants and they are also full of dietary fiber, which can aid in a healthy digestive system
Labels: American Recipes