MY BURRITO IN A BOWL
( Black Beans, Cilantro Lime Rice, Guacamole, Tortilla Chips, Salsa and topped with Sharp Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese )
Yummy !!! Yummy !!! I'm a big fan of Vegetarian Mexican food next to Indian food. My hubby who loves cooking especially Mexican, in fact, he got the passion of cooking after he did some research in Mexican food. His friends and I really love his Mexican food and he taught me this delicious Mexican Burrito in a bowl. Try this recipe at home, you love to eat again and again.
MEXICAN BLACK BEANS RECIPE
Black beans and cilantro rice are such a classic combination. Black Beans are natural health food, rich in anti-oxidants and protein. Black beans tastes great along with chipotle peppers, onion, garlic and seasoning.
1 Can (15 oz) Cooked Black Beans
1/2 Cup of Chopped Onions
2 Garlic Cloves
1 Tsp of Goya Adoba All Purpose Seasoning
1 Tsp of Goya Sazonador Total Seasoning
1 Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce
Dash of Pepper
Dash of Salt
1 Tbsp of Olive/ Corn Oil
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan with oil, add onion, garlic, saute well for 1-2 mins until it turns golden brown.
- Add black beans, all purpose seasoning, total seasoning, chipotle pepper and a dash of pepper and salt. Keep it covered and let it come to rolling boil and keep it in medium flame for another 5 mins and then switch off the flame.
- Hot black beans is ready to serve.
CILANTRO LIME RICE
Cilantro Lime Rice is a simple rice which taste elaborate. It goes perfect with any Mexican cuisine. This dish is about steamed rice tossed with lime juice, freshly chopped cilantro and a dash of salt and oil.
1 Small Bunch of Cilantro/ Coriander Leaves
1 Cup of Rice
1-2 Tsp of Canola Oil or Butter
1/2 Lime Juice
Kosher Salt to taste
2 Cups of Water
- Heat a cooker with oil or butter, add rice, saute well for 1-2 mins until rice gets fully coated with butter and aromatic.
- Add required water and salt and pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- In a bowl, combine chopped cilantro, lime, rice and 1 tsp of oil. Toss well until completely mixed.
- Delicious Cilantro Lime Rice is ready.
- You can serve either in a bowl or in a burrito.
- You can add meat to this recipe.
- You can use sour cream instead of cheese.
- You can also see my guacamole recipe in my site.
- Adding chipotle pepper gives a unique taste to the black bean dish.
Health Benefits of Black Beans and Cilantro
- Black beans are rich in fiber, so they help in weight loss.
- Good for digestive tract.
- Prevents cancer.
- Rich in protein, anti-oxidant and iron.
Sending this recipe to
Labels: Mexican Recipes