Recipe is the combination of Peas and Potato. Both are rich in fiber, vitamins
and good for health.This dish is very easy to make with simple
ingredients which gives rich taste. This can be served with sambhar rice
or any variety rice.
1 Large Red Potato
1/2 Cup of Peas
1 Finely Chopped Green Chilly
1/4 Tsp of Asafoetida
1and1/2 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
1 Tbsp of Sambhar Powder
Few Curry Leaves
1 Tsp of Fennel Seeds/ Sombu
1/2 Tsp of Amchur Powder
Pinch of Garam Masala
2 Tbsp of Cilantro or Coriander Powder
Salt and Oil as needed
- Boil the potato in a microwave for 4 mins or pressure cook it. Cut potato into cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat a pan with oil, add sombhu or fennel ,curry leaves let it crackles. Add asafoetida to it.
- Take the pan away from the stove, add sambhar powder and fry for a min.
- Keep back the pan in a stove, add ginger garlic paste and green chilly, fry for a mins until raw smell vanishes.
- Add boiled potato and peas, some salt and little water. Keep it covered and cook for 4-5 mins.
- Add Amchur powder and garam masala, Mix well. Fry for a 1 min. Switch off the stove.
- Finally garnish it with cilantro.
- Serve it with sambar rice, rasam rice or curd rice.
- If you don't have sambhar powder, replace it with 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- If you want to cook fast , precook all Veggie's in Cooker or in Microwave.
Health Benefits of Potato and green peas
- Peas are rich in vit A, K, folic acid and ascorbic acid.
- Potatoes are rich in vit A,C and fiber and good for brain function.
Labels: North Indian Recipe, Side Dishes