This creamy and delicious pasta dish is really rich in taste and very filling. This fabulous dish is made with 2 different cheese, milk, vegetables, onion and garlic. Italian seasonings and pepper adds extra kick to the creamy pasta.
- 1 Cup of Cooked Penne Pasta
- 1 Medium size Onion
- 1 Finely Chopped Garlic (Big)
- 1/2 Cup of Brocoli Florets
- 1/2 Cup of Mushroom
- 1 Cherry Tomato (Opt)
- 1/2 Cup of Milk
- 1/4 - 1/2 Cup of Grated
Sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 Tsp of Butter or Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Flakes
- 1 Tsp of Italian Seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan Cheese to garnish
- Bring 2 - 3 Cups of water to a rolling boil, add salt
- Add Penne pasta to water and stir gently.
- To get authentic pasta taste, boil uncovered for 10- 12
mins and stir occasionally.once it done, just drain the water and keep it
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil or butter, add red
chili flakes, chopped garlic and onion, saute until slightly yellow in
color about 1-2 mins.
- Add chopped tomato, broccoli and mushroom , cook for a 1-2
mins. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add pasta to the skillet and add milk, cook for 1-2
mins. Finally add cheddar cheese, toss well. Switch off the stove.
- Top pasta with Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.
- You can follow the same recipe by using any pasta.
- Use mozzarella cheese, instead of cheddar cheese.
- Use capsicum and carrot to this recipe.
Health Benefits of Pasta
- Try to use whole wheat or multi-grain pasta as it was rich in nutritional benefits like protein, vitamins, fiber and ALA omega-3.
- Cheese are great source of protein and calcium. Also contains nutrients like zinc and biotin.
Labels: Italian Recipes