Coconut oatmeal cookies are soft and chewy and
rich in taste. They taste like a regular soft and buttery cookie but the inclusion of coconut, in the form of
coconut oil and coconut flakes ( although you can’t
taste it but it gives these cookies a deep caramel richness and chewy bite. My husband really loved it...Very easy to make in a very less time..
3 Tbsp of All Purpose Flour / Maida
2/3 Cups of Quick Cooking Oats
3 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1/4 Cup + 1 Tbsp of Sweetened Coconut Flakes
3 Tbsp of White Granulated Sugar
1/4 Tsp of Salt
1 and 1/2 Tbsp of Milk (Full Fat )
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- In a bowl, mix sugar and oil together with a fork or wire whisk.
- Then add flour, oats, coconut flakes, salt and milk to sugar- oil mixture. Mix well with spatula or fork.
Yield : 10 Cookies
- Drop by rounded tablespoonful onto greased baking sheets, 2 inches apart and flatten it slightly with a fork.
- Bake it for 15 - 20 mins or until bottoms turn golden brown. Mine turned golden brown after 15 mins.
- Let the cookies cool down for 10 mins. Then carefully lift the cookies with a spatula and transfer to a cool, flat surface and enjoy....
- Store it in airtight container after they cooled down.
- You can also use some more coconut flakes on top of the cookie on the baking sheet before baking.
- Use butter or any vegetable oil instead of coconut oil.
- Use agave or brown sugar instead of white sugar.
Health Benefits of Coconut and Oats.
- Coconut oil boosts the immune systemby producing disease fighting substance called LAURIC ACID.
- Full of antioxidants.
- Good for skin.
sending recipe to
- Lowers bad cholesterol and pressure.
- Improves insulin sensitivity.
- Increases appetite controlling hormone.
- High in fiber.
sending recipe to what is with my cuppa and nupur page
Labels: American Recipes, Baking, Kids Corner, Snacks