I'm really excited to write my 100th post. Its been 4 months since I started my blog. I'm very happy that I shared and posted almost 100 posts. Thanks for the comments, support and appreciation as I continue travelling in my culinary journey. Thank you everyone :-) :-)
Maida – 1 and 1/2 Cups
Thick Yogurt or Curd –
Sugar – 3/4 – 1 Cup
Baking Soda – 1/2 Tsp
Baking Powder – 1 and 1/4 Tsp
Cooking Oil – 1/2 Cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 and 1/2 Tsp
Milk – 1 Tbsp for brushing the top.
- In a bowl, add sugar and curd or
yogurt, wait until all sugar completely dissolves. Now add baking powder, baking
soda to the sugar-curd mixture and stir well.
it aside for 3 - 5 mins and you can able to see the bubbles appears at the top.
Now add the vanilla essence, cooking oil and stir
- Add maida, slowly to the sugar –
yogurt mixture. Beat well with a whisk or forks until it turns thick and creamy
as you see in the pic.
- Preheat oven to 400 degree F for
10mins. Meanwhile place the muffin liners in the muffin pan and pour the batter
to the muffin liners in the muffin pan and keep it ready.
- Bake in preheated oven at 400 degree
F for 10 mins, then reduce the temperature to 350 deg F and bake it for 30-35 mins.
Check it by inserting fork or tooth prick in the center of the muffin,
if it comes out clean, then your muffin is ready. Just brush the top of the
muffin with 1 tbsp milk, 10mins before the ending time to get a nice polishing
- Allow the muffin to cool down for 10mins, then carefully take it out
from the pan and enjoy !!!!
- Don't keep the batter to sit for long time after mixing, as baking soda reacts faster and makes your muffin harder.
- If you don't have muffin liner, just grease the pan with some oil.
- You can also add nuts to the batter, for extra richness and crunchiness.
Health benefits of Vanilla
- Vanilla extract contains small amounts of
B-complex groups of vitamins such as niacin, pantothenic acid, thiamin,
riboflavin and vitamin B-6.
- Reduces anxiety and stress
- Vanilla extract has been used to help calm patients with queasy stomachs.
Recipe Source : Sharmi's Passion
Thank you for reading my post. Your comments and
feedback is very valuable and highly appreciated. Please leave
your valuable comments and feedback for this post. Thanks Gayathri.
Labels: Baking, Sweets