Those who love mushroom, will surely love this rice...This quick mushroom rice is very flavorful, very easy to make, with very less ingredients and no tempering's and it can be made in matter of 5 minutes. It tastes absolutely yummy if you eat with rice crackers or potato chips. Good to pack for lunch box and your kids will love this.
6-7 White Mushroom, Chopped
2/3 Cup of Cooked Rice/ Leftover Rice
3 Tbsp of Finely Chopped Red Onion
1 Green Chilly (Long )
1 Tsp of Kasoori Methi or Dried Fenugreek Leaves
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp of Curry Powder
2 Tsp of Oil/ Ghee
Salt to Taste
- Heat oil / ghee in a pan, add chopped onion and green chilly, sauté this for 1 min.
- Add mushroom, kasoori methi and salt, sauté this for 1-2 mins. The smell of kasoori methi frying in hot oil, makes more appetizing.
- Add garam masala and curry powder, sauté this for 30 secs. Immediately add rice ( freshly cooked or leftoverrice) to the masala and mix well in a medium - high flame.
- Quick mushroom rice is ready to serve with some potato chips or any vegetable fry.
Health Benefits of Mushroom and Fenugreek Leaves
- You can use freshly cooked rice or leftover rice for this recipe.
- If you want, you can do some tempering with mustards and cumin.
- Adjust spicyness according to your taste.
- Adding ghee gives a nice flavor to this dish.
sending recipe to event - one pot meal
- Mushroom are fat-free food.
- Mushrooms may be small but nutrition facts prove that they have plenty of vitamins and minerals. One cup of mushrooms includes vitamins C, D, B6 and B12, plus large doses of riboflavin, niacin and pantothenic acid. These vitamins along with minerals like calcium, iron, potassium and selenium keep you fit and in good health.
- Fenugreek Leaves are good for diabetic people and lowers cholesterol, rich in vitamin B, K, also they are aromatic.
Labels: Kids Corner, Lunch Box Items, South Indian Recipes