Diamond cuts / crackers are made from maida / all purpose flour in which spices are added, kneaded and then deep fried. This evening time snack tastes really great with hot cup of tea.
1 Cup of Maida / All Purpose flour
1 Tbsp of Butter
1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
A Pinch of Asafoetida
Less Than 1/4 Tsp of Baking Soda
Water for Kneading
Salt to Taste
Oil for Deep Frying
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, baking soda, butter, red chilly powder, asafoetida, salt and water for kneading. Mix all the ingredients well.
- Knead the dough until it is soft.
- Cover and let it rest for 30 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal balls.
- Roll into thin chapathi's and cut into vertically and diagonally with one inch space between each lines to get diamond shapes.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan, fry the diamonds in a medium flame until it turns golden brown on both sides. Let it cool down and store them in a airtight container.
- Spicy diamond cuts are ready.
- You can also add ajwain and cumin, if you prefer.
- Adjust the spicyness according to your taste.
- Don't worry if diamonds are together, if you drop in oil, it will separate.
Labels: Kids Corner, No Onion No Garlic, Snacks