Today I was in the mood for
some fresh vegetable juice ..and scanning my fridge I found some apples,
couple beetroot wedges and some carrots ..In they went into the blender
and I added a pinch of sea salt and a touch of cinnamon powder, not
just to spice
things up, but also to keep blood sugar in check due to all the sweet
veges being added. My vegetable cocktail was colorful, tasty and
refreshing at the same time. By the way the concoction(ABC) I made which
I thought was my accidental culinary discovery seemed
to be a regular menu in most juice bars around the globe, which I later
learnt as I was globe trotting .... This juice is a combination of 3 health boosting ingredients are apple, beetroot and carrot. This juice has got brilliant red color and also it is good for health. This juice is a super detoxifier to body. "Drink it in the morning". So start your day with this delicious, filling & healthy drink..
1/2 Beetroot, Cut to small chunks
2 Carrot, Cut to small chunks
1 Apple, Cut to small chunks
< 1/4 Tsp of Salt
< 1/4 Tsp of Cinnamon Powder
2 Cups of Water
- Wash all produce in cold, running water.
- Chop into big pieces.
- Add everything in a blender or food processor, along with ground cinnamon, salt and water, blend until smooth.
- Serve Immediately.
Health Benefits of ABC Juice
- You can use green apple instead of Red apple for sour taste.
- You can use a tsp of honey or sugar. I didn't add because beetroot and carrot itself has natural sugar in it.
- Adding ground cinnamon is to reduce blood sugar level.
- Apples are rich in Vitamin A, which may help maintain healthy
skin, body tissues and teeth; Vitamin C, which may help build and repair
blood vessels and ligaments; and enzymes that fight inflammation,
according to the National Institutes of Health.
- Apples may also help
keep the mind sharp and ward off Alzheimer’s disease. A study by the
Center for Cellular Neurobiology & Neuro degeneration Research at the
University of Massachusetts
- Lowell found apple juice might prevent
Alzheimer’s by stopping the decline of a neurotransmitter called
- Beet juice is best known for helping cleanse the liver, eliminate toxins
from the bloodstream and helping the body build red blood cells,
according to the California Department of Health.
- Researchers at Wake
Forest University have also shown that beet juice and other food high in
nitric oxides can help increase blood flow to the brain, slowing
- Other studies have shown beets may help lower blood pressure
- Carrots are well known for helping vision — Vitamin A is essential for
proper night vision, and the lutein in carrots may fight macular
degeneration according to researcher at the University of
- Carrots are also rich in carotenoids — a
photosynthesizing pigment that gives plants an orangish hue (such as
sweet potatoes and autumn leaves).
- Carrots are rich in the carotenoid
beta-carotene, which is an antioxidant.
Labels: American Recipes, Budget Meals, Drinks