Dosa is a savory crepe, popular in South India. It is made from rice batter, semolina (rava), maida(APF) and flavored with cumin, pepper, green chilly, onion and ginger. This is my mom's recipe. This tasty, quick dosa is very easy to make in minutes. If you have left over dosa batter, then try this recipe and enjoy !!!!
2 Cups of Leftover Dosa Batter
4 Tbsp of Maida/ All Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp of Sooji / Rava/ Semolina
1/2 Red Onion, Grated
1 Inch Ginger, grated
2 Green Chillies, Finely Chopped
1/2 Tsp of Cumin
1 Medium Size Carrot, Grated
1 Sprig of Curry Leaves, Finely Chopped
Pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
6 Pepper corns, Crushed
Salt to taste
1/2 Cup - 1 Cup of Water or as needed
Oil as needed
Servings : 6 - 7 Dosa
- Grate the onion, ginger and carrot, keep this aside.
- Crush the peppercorns.
- Chop the green chillies and curry leaves finely.
- In a wide bowl, add leftover dosa batter, rava, maida, grated onion, ginger, carrot, chopped green chillies, curry leaves. pepper corns, cumin, hing, salt and water. Batter should not be too thick or too watery.
- Let the batter sit in countertop for 30 mins.
a dosa pan or griddle, pour a ladleful of batter in a circular motion starting from center to the periphery. Drizzle some oil over dosa or in sides. Cook both sides until it
- Crispy dosa is ready to serve.
- Serve this dosa with coconut chutney or podukadalai chutney or tomato chutney or sambar.
- Always mix the dosa batter before you make dosa, because rava will settle at the bottom.
- Always cook dosa in a medium flame.
- You can add ghee to dosa for a great taste.
Labels: Breakfast, South Indian Recipes