This yummy pasta is very simple to make, rich in taste and very filling. It is made with peanut butter, spaghetti, broccoli and seasonings. You can eat this noodles for breakfast or lunch or dinner. Great recipe to pack for lunch box and your kids will love this noodles.
1 Cup of Cooked Spaghetti Noodles
2 Tbsp of Chopped Red onion
1/2 Tsp of Red Chilly Flakes
2 Garlic Cloves, Finely Chopped
5-7 Broccoli Florets
2 Tsp of Oil, I used Canola Oil
To Make a Sauce
1 tbsp + 1 tsp of Soy Sauce
1 tbsp of Peanut Butter
1 Tsp of Sugar
Dash of Salt and Pepper
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Make sure don't overcook the pasta. Drain the water and keep this aside.
- In a bowl, add all the ingredients listed under " To make a sauce". Mix well with a spoon or fork.
- Heat oil in a pan, add red chilli flakes, chopped onion and garlic, saute for 1-2 mins .
- Add broccoli and little water, cover the pan with a lid and cook it for 2-3 mins in medium high flame.
- Add the cooked spaghetti noodles and sauce to a pan, toss well. Taste the noodles. Adjust salt and pepper accordingly.Turn off the flame.
- Serve warm immediately or store it in the fridge and eat it cold.
- You can follow the same recipe with any pasta.
- To make it more nutritious, add vegetables like carrots, bell pepper, tofu, mushroom , corn or peas along with broccoli.
- Try with almond butter or cashew butter instead of peanut butter.
- If you want more spicy, add Sriracha hot chilli sauce to the noodles.
Health Benefits of Peanut noodles
- Peanut butter are rich sources of iron, zinc, folate, vitamin B6.
- Peanut butter lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Try to use whole wheat or multi grain pasta as it has more nutritional benefits.
Labels: American Recipes, Breakfast, Budget Meals, Kids Corner, thai