Ice cream is a frozen dessert usually made from dairy products. But in this recipe, no dairy products added, only two important ingredients. They are Banana and peanut butter. Everyone love this combination because of banana sweetness and peanut butter creamy texture. This 2 great buddies always gives a great taste either in the form of sandwiches or cakes or smoothies. If you have ripe bananas sitting on the table, then you should try this recipe. This ice cream is simply magical, easy to make, great in taste, no colorings added and very good for lactose intolerant . Try this delicious, lip-smacking ice cream and enjoy your day.
2 Ripe Bananas
2 Tbsp of Creamy Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp of Honey
- Peel the banana skins, slice them and place the slices on a plate or a tray. Freeze for at least 2 hrs.
- Put frozen banana slices, in a food processor or in a powerful blender. When banana are smooth and creamy, add peanut butter, blend them again.
- Transfer this pur'ee to a plate or a tray and freeze it again for 40 mins.
- Scoop the ice cream and serve it in a bowl. Top it up with honey and walnuts and enjoy.....
- If you find hard to blend it in a blender, in that case add 2 tbsp of milk or water. Make sure use a powerful blender.
- You can add almond butter or cashew butter instead of peanut butter.
- You can garnish with any nuts of your choice.
- Add sugar, for a extra sweet taste.
Healthy Benefits of Peanut Butter and Banana
- Both are good in fiber, vitamins and minerals.
- Banana are good sources of potassium, vit C and magnesium.
- Peanut butter lowers the risk of heart disease and colon cancer.
Labels: American Recipes, Kids Corner