Sparkling kiwi lemonade provides refreshing, healthy treat in a summer heat. This drink is a combination of all flavors. You can feel tangy taste from kiwi fruit and lemon, sweet taste from sugar and from the addition of soda and salt. I always love this fruit from my childhood as it gives loads of health benefits. Also my family favorite fruit. I love to eat as a whole fruit sometimes also I prefer to juice but without sugar. For a change, I tried this drink, it was too good and an amazing thirst quencher.. So enjoy this easy to make and tasty drink on a hot summer evening and enjoy..
1 Big Kiwi Fruit
1 Tsp of Lemon Juice
1/2 Cup of Spirit Soda
1 Tsp of Sugar
Pinch of Salt
5 - 7 Ice Cubes
A Slice of Kiwi
Few Mint Leaves
- Peel the skin of the kiwi fruit and mash it well in a bowl. To that add salt, sugar and lemon juice, give a quick stir.
- In a serving glass, add ice cubes, kiwi flesh and spirit soda, give a stir.
- Finally garnish with a slice of kiwi and mint leaves.
- Enjoy this drink on a hot summer evening.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste buds.
- Try kiwi mint lemonade by adding some mint leaves.
Health Benefits of Kiwi
Kiwi contains a remarkable amount of vitamin C, a water soluble
antioxidant that has been proven to fight against cardiovascular disease
High in fiber content which helps improve diabetes, controls blood sugar and protects against colon cancer.
More in potassium than a banana, ideal for fluid and electrolyte balance and energy during exercise.
One of the fat free sources of Vitamin E, a powerful antioxidant that helps boost immunity and helps lower cholesterol. Good source of zinc and folate important for pregnant women.
sending this recipe to Zesty southIndian kitchen
Labels: American Recipes, Budget Meals, Drinks, Kids Corner