Strawberry season is here, it coincides with the days of summer. I just loved, how beautiful this strawberry iced tea looks. This healthy, refreshing iced tea has a nice flavor of fresh and sweet strawberries and tartness of lemon. Enjoy this cold iced tea on a summer evening , it makes you relax and feels energetic.
3 Lipton Bags
3 Cups of Water
3 Tsp of Lemon Juice
3-4 Tbsp of Sugar or to taste
- Boil 3 Cups of water in a kettle, pour this hot water to the tea pot. Put 3 tea bags to the tea pot. Cover the tea pot and leave it for 5 mins. After that remove the tea bags from the tea pots. Let it cool down for 10 mins.
- In a blender, add strawberries, blend it to a smooth paste without adding water.
- Strain the purred berries and discard the seeds.
- In a pitcher, Mix together the purred strawberries, tea, sugar and lemon juice. In this stage, you can add more water if you want.
- Transfer this to a serving glass with ice cubes or refrigerate it for 15 mins.
- Garnish with sliced strawberry and enjoy.
- Adjust the level of sweetness according to your taste.
- You can use Stevia instead of regular white sugar.
- If you find your ice tea is thick, make it thin by adding more water.
- Use chilled club soda in place of water for a different taste.
- You can add mint for a extra flavor.
Health Benefits of Stawberries
Source : Healthdiaries.com and Besthealthmag.ca
- The fiber in strawberries helps to keep digestion regular and lowers the blood pressure.
- High in anti-oxidants and excellent source of vitamin C.
- It boosts the immunity.
- It has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good for eyes and bone health.
Labels: American Recipes, Budget Meals, Drinks, Kids Corner