Tea is very good for health as it has a lot of health benefits. Recently
I have been to a place called Teavana in my nearby mall, where I saw
lots lots of tea from all over the world like black tea, oolong tea,
white tea, green tea, puerh tea and variety of herbal tea and flavored
tea. Tea is more than just a hot drink that is consumed by people everyday of the year, throughout the world. Everyone brew their tea in a different ways. I love Indian method and UK method .Here I have posted how to make a good English cup of tea..
A Tea Kettle
A Ceramic Tea Pot
2 Tsp of Loose Tea or Tea Bags
150 ml of Water
2-3 Tsp of Sugar, I used Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp of Milk
Serving : 1
- Boil the water in a kettle to a boiling point. In the mean time, preheat the tea pot by adding hot tap water. After 2 mins, empty out the water from tea pot. This is called " Warming the pot". This is absolutely essential. You cannot make a nice cup of tea in a cold tea pot.
- Add the loose tea or tea bags to the tea pot. Now pour the boiling water from the kettle to the tea pot containing tea.
- Wait for 5 mins to let tea steep, more or less depending on what tea you are making and the recommended brewing time for black tea is 3-5 mins.
- Add milk to the cup, then place the stainer and pour the tea from tea pot to a cup, add sugar, stir well.
- Drink the cup of tea at a leisure place and enjoy the goodness of tea. Accompanied with biscuits or cake or scones or any other snack.
- Here is a video for making an English cup of tea.
- Brewing time for black tea is 3-5 mins.
- You can also have tea with or without milk.
- You can add milk at two stages, one is before adding the brewed tea and second is after adding the brewed tea.
- Warming the tea pot is most essential step in making tea.
- You can follow the same step by using tea bags .
Health Benefits of Black Tea
- Boosts the immune system.
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Re hydrates the body.
- Prevents cancer.
- Good for brain, dental and bone health.
Labels: Budget Meals, Drinks, homemade, tea, UK