Fruits are very good for our health. Fruits provides vital nutrients for our body, fights free radical damage and diseases, hydrate us and keep us looking and feeling younger from inside out. The key ingredients in this smoothie are strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry and banana. Berries are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, anti-oxidants and low in calories. Blend them with the low fat milk which is rich in calcium and protein. Therefore you get a glass full of creamy smoothie, full of deliciousness. So start your day with this yummy healthy drink :-)
1/4 Cup of Blueberries
1/4 Cup of Raspberries
1/4 Cup of Strawberries
1/4 Cup of Blackberries
1/2 Cup of Milk (low fat)
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into the glasses and serve immediately.
- You can add sugar or honey or agave to the drink. I didn't use sugar because all the fruits has sugar in it.
- If you are a vegan, add soy milk or almond milk instead of adding plain milk.
- If you don't like seeds or skin of fruits in your drink, just strain it with strainer.
Health Benefits of Berries
Blueberry : High in anti-oxidants, reducing belly fat, good for digestion, anti-aging, heart and brain.
Strawberry : Boosts immunity, good for eye health, anti-aging, fight cholesterol and cancer.
Blackberry : Prevents cancer, good for skin, eye, digestion, anti-aging, diabetes and bones.
Banana : High in fiber, lowers the blood pressure, high in potassium, high in nutrient absorption.
Raspberry : Low in calories, anti-aging and anti-cancer properties, weight management benefits
Labels: American Recipes, Drinks, Kids Corner