Cauliflower fry is very easy to make dish. In
this recipe, florets are cooked in hot water with salt, marinated it with spices for few mins and then sauteed
in oil . Eat this delicious mouth watering
recipe with hot fried rice or lemon rice or any variety rice or even rotis.
1 Medium Sized Cauliflower, about 2 Cups
3 Tbsp of Roasted Bengal Gram / Podukadalai
1 Tbsp of Rice Flour
1 Tbsp of Corn Flour
1/4 Cup of Ground Powder ( Roasted gram, rice and corn flour)
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic paste
1 Tsp of Sambhar powder
1 Tsp of Garam masala
1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper Powder
2 Tbsp of Curd (Yogurt)
Pinch of Hing / Asafoetida
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
1 Tsp of Urad Dal
- Heat a pan with water and salt, bring it to boil. Add cauliflower florets, cover it and cook it for 5 mins. Just cook 50 %. Drain the water and transfer the cauliflower florets to a wide bowl.
- Grind all the ingredients listed under " to grind" to a fine powder.
- Add all the ingredients listed under "marination" to the cauliflower florets. Add little water and mix well with hand / spoon.
- Marinate this florets for 15 - 20 mins.
- Heat a cast iron pan with oil, add mustard seeds and urad dal, after it splutters, add the marinated cauliflower florets, fry in medium low flame for 10 mins.
- Cauliflower fry is ready to eat.
- Serve with lemon rice or any variety rice.
- You can "deep fry" the cauliflower florets after marination instead of pan fry.
- If you don't have sambhar powder, add 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of red chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
Healthy Benefits of Cauliflower
- Excellent source of antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Protect against cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
- Clean your digestive system.
- Good source of vitamin B and minerals.
Labels: Budget Meals, Side Dishes, South Indian Recipes