Love Mushroom..They are my family's favorite and a stable vegetable in my pantry. Portobello Mushroom are a great source of nutrients like potassium and selenium. They are a healthy substitution in a burger with less in calories. Portobello Mushroom Burger are the steak of the vegetable world. They taste delicious with a drizzle of olive oil and spices like garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper added to it. Try this juicy, flavorful and full of deliciousness and let me know your feedback.
1 Portobello Mushroom
2 Burger Buns
1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
1/8 Tsp of Red chilli Flakes
1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder
Dash of Salt and Pepper
Dash of Italian Seasoning (Opt)
2 Tbsp of Mayonnaise / Vegennaise
Squeeze of Yellow Mustard
1 Iceberg Lettuce
2 White / Red Onion, Thick Slices
4 Tomato, Slices
Strips of Carrot
- Wash and remove the stem of Portobello.
- Preheat the cast iron pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil to a pan and add red chilli flakes, then place the Portobello mushroom cap, sprinkle garlic powder, Italian seasonings, salt and pepper over the cap.
- Cover the skillet with lid and grill it on both sides until it changes color and turns tender.
- Grill the onion lightly on both sides.
- Toast the burger buns, apply Mayonnaise / Vegennaise on each side of burger buns.
- Now assemble the bun : Place the Iceberg lettuce above the mayonnaise side of burger bun, on top of that place the tomato slices, slice of onion, grilled Portobello mushroom cap, slice of onion, above that again add tomato slices and a squeeze of yellow mustard. Finally cover it with the burger bun.
- Serve immediately with ranch, french fries / strips of carrot (for healthier version) and a club soda.
- You can use whole wheat or white buns to make burger.
- You can also have a slice of provolone cheese or any cheese of your choice.
- You can grill the Portobello either on cast iron pan or outdoor grill.
Health Benefits of Portobello Mushroom
- Portobello is a great source of riboflavin, panthothenic acid, niacin,
thiamine, folate, selenium, lyseine, protein, zinc, copper, manganese,
- Low in calories and high in fiber.
- Good source of phytochemicals, helps to support immune system.
- Rich in anti-oxidants L-ergothioneine.
- Reduce risk of Alzheimer disease.
- Anti-cancer property.
- sending recipe to Guru's cooking
Labels: American Recipes, Breakfast, Budget Meals, Kids Corner, Lunch Box Items