Anti-oxidants are specialized plant nutrients (photochemicals). These nutrients proven to support human health and wellness and prevent a myriads of diseases. They work by combating the natural process of oxidation in the body that creates free radicals. Free radicals attacks the cells , thereby increases the risk of serious diseases like cancer. With a diet rich in antioxidants, you can reduce the risk of diseases.
Coming to the recipe, here I have used three magical super fruits, blueberries, pomegranate and grapes. I blended together the sweet, juicy blueberries and ripe pomegranate and delicious grapes. This juice is really so beautiful to look, great in taste and simply superb. So start you day with this filling and healthy drink and get your daily dose of all vitamins and antioxidants. Here I am sharing you some pictures which I took during my recent trip to blueberry farm and vineyard.
3/4 Cup of Pomegranate Seeds
1/2 Cup of Red Grapes
1/2 Cup of Blueberries
4 Tbsp of Sugar or to Taste
1/2 Cup of Water
Ice Cubes as Needed
- Wash all the fruits in a running tap water.
- Remove the seeds from pomegranate without white pith.
- In a blender, add pomegranate seeds, grapes, blueberries and sugar, blend it to a smooth puree.
- Use a mesh strainer and strain the juice to a container.
- Use the back of a spoon to push against the pulp and extract as much as juice as possible.
- Now pour the juice to a serving glass and serve it with ice cubes.
- Adjust the amount of sugar according to your taste.
- You can also have juice without straining.
Health Benefits of Blueberry, pomegranate and grapes
Blueberry : High in anti-oxidants, reducing belly fat, good for digestion, heart and brain.
Pomegranate : High in anti-oxidants, Good for heart, lowers the blood pressure and stroke, prevents prostate cancer, kills harmful bacteria.
Grapes : High in anti-oxidants, good for heart, brain and skin, weight loss, fight against diabetes.
Labels: American Recipes, Drinks, Kids Corner