Are you in the mood for some Asian food and all you have is some leftover chapathi or even leftover wheat/flour tortilla, here is a simple recipe with an Asian twist . As chapathis are made of whole wheat flour and with the addition of colorful vegetables, you can make this healthy chapathi noodles for kids as snack after they come back from school.
3 Chapathi, I used Leftover Roomali Roti
1/2 of Large White/ Red Onion, Sliced
1 Carrot, Thin Strips
1/4 Cup of Sliced Cabbage
1 Tbsp of Green Bell Pepper(Capsicum), Finely Chopped
3 Mushroom, Sliced
1/2 Tsp of Sugar
2 Green Chillies
1 Tsp of Soy Sauce
2 Tsp of Tomato Chilli Ketchup
4 Sliced Jalepeno Pepper or 1/2 Tsp of vinegar or Lemon Juice
1/4 Tsp of Black pepper Powder
Salt to Taste
1 Spring (Green) Onion to garnish
- Stack the chapathis, one above the other and cut into four quarters, cut along lengthwise into thin strips.
oil in a pan, add sliced onion and green chilies, fry them until it
turns golden brown. Add carrot, mushroom, capsicum, cabbage and salt,
fry them for 2 mins.
- Then add soy sauce, sugar, tomato chilli ketchup, black pepper and jalepeno pepper. Mix well and fry them for a min.
- Finally add lengthwise cut chapathi's and toss well to mix in high flame and garnish with spring(green) onion and serve hot immediately.
- You can add any vegetables of your choice.
- If you don't get jalapeno peppers, instead you can add vinegar or lemon juice for tangy taste.
- You can also follow the same recipe with parotta or tortilla
- You can add tomato ketchup instead of tomato chilli ketchup.
- Teriyaki sauce can also be added for a nice taste.
- Add a tbsp of peanut butter or toasted sesame seeds/sesame oil can also be added for more authentic Asian flavor.
- Make the vegetables crunchy it should not be too soft.
Health Benefits of Chapathi(Whole Wheat) & Vegetables
- Rich in fiber and protein.
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases and diabetes.
- Good for weight loss.
- Vegetables are home for antioxidants.
- Vegetables are packed with soluble and insoluble fibers.
Labels: Breakfast, IndoChinese, Kids Corner, Lunch Box Items, Snacks