Cornflakes mixture is a guilt free evening snack to munch with a cup of tea or coffee. My husband and I just love this mixture for evening snack, we also like Haldiram cornflakes mixture a lot. This is very easy to make crispy munchy snack. Also it is ideal for children lunch box snack. Any beginner or bachelor who wants to try some simple and easy recipe for diwali, can try this mixture. So try this easy and instant mixture for diwali and enjoy.
1 Cup of Cornflakes
1/2 Cup of Aval (Poha or Flattened Rice)
1/4 Cup of Raw Peanuts
2 Tbsp of Roasted Gram Dal
1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
1 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder or to taste
Pinch of Sugar
Pinch of Black Salt (Kala Namak)
7 Roasted Almonds
Salt to taste
Pinch of Asafoetida
2 Tsp of Oil
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the corn flakes to it and microwave it for 2 mins. Every 30 secs, take the bowl out and mix it. This is to avoid burning taste. Transfer this to a mixing bowl.
- In a pan, heat 1/2 tsp of oil, add aval, fry for a min and transfer it to cornflakes bowl. Again in the same pan, add some oil, and fry the roasted gram dal and peanuts for 2 mins, until they changes color. Transfer it to a bowl containing cornflakes.
- Heat oil in a pan, in a low flame, add the curry leaves, asafoetida, red chilly powder, salt and sugar, give a quick stir and turn off the flame. Transfer this to a bowl containing corn flakes and add black salt. Mix gently until all the ingredients are well coated with spices.
- Cool down and store it in an airtight container.
- Serve it as evening snack for coffee or tea.
Health Benefits of Cornflakes
- You can also fry the cornflakes in a pan with oil instead of doing it in microwave.
- You can take some cornflakes in a strainer and immerse it into heated oil and fry it, in that case you get a very nice taste. But this method is good for health.
- Add any nuts of your choice like cashews, raisin or walnuts.
- Adding black salt is optional. Just use table salt.
- Don't use flavored cornflakes to make this mixture.
- Low sugar and less in calories.
- It is easy to digest, quite light, and has all essential vitamins and minerals that your body is needed.
- Good diet plan to prevent heart disease and cholesterol.
- A good source of anti-oxidants as they contain carotenoid pigment which prevents the cardiovascular disease and cancer.
Labels: Budget Meals, diwali, festivals, Kids Corner, Lunch Box Items, Snacks