Cauliflower fry is a simple, quick to make side dish. This simple vegetable stir fry can be made with less ingredients in a very less time. It tastes so good with sambar rice or rasam rice or curd rice or any variety rice dishes like coconut rice.
1 Small Cauliflower, about 1 and 1/4 Cup of Florets
1.5 Tsp of Sambhar Powder
Salt to Taste
Water as needed
2 Tsp of Cooking Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard Seeds
1 Tsp of Urad Dal
1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
- Separate the florets from cauliflower and wash it in tap water.
- Heat oil in a cast iron pan, when it is hot, add mustard seeds, urad dal and curry leaves, after it splutters, add cauliflower florets and salt, fry this for few mins, sprinkle some water, mix it, cover and cook this for 5 mins until it turns soft and cooked.
- Add sambhar powder to the cauliflower florets, fry this for a min, in a medium flame, cover and cook this for 5 mins until you get brown spots. Once it done, turn off the flame.
- Serve with coconut rice or sambar rice or rasam rice.
Healthy Benefits of Cauliflower
- Adjust spiciness according to your taste.
- If you don't have sambhar powder, add 2 tsp of coriander powder, 1 tsp of red chily powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Excellent source of antioxidants.
- Anti-inflammatory properties.
- Protect against cardiovascular and cerebrovascular disease.
- Clean your digestive system.
- Good source of vitamin B and minerals.
Labels: Budget Meals, Lunch Box Items, No Onion No Garlic, Side Dishes, South Indian Recipes