Mushroom 65 is a spicy Indo-Chinese appetizer. Here the mushroom are first marinated in a batter, then deep fried and finally garnished with spring (green) onion and sriracha sauce. It has a distinct flavor because of addition of soy sauce, chilly and garlic. Also this is a great evening snack for kids and adults.
2 Very Big White Mushroom, Sliced (10 Slices)
4 Tbsp of Corn Flour
3 Tbsp of Red Onion, Finely Chopped
1 Garlic Clove, Finely Chopped
2 Green Chilies
1/2 Tsp of Black Pepper Powder
2 Tsp of Soy Sauce
Pinch of Ajinamoto
Water as needed
Oil for Deep Frying
1 Spring Onion (Green Onion)
Sriracha Sauce / Tomato Chili Sauce to taste.
- In a bowl, mix all the ingredients with little water. The batter consistency should be little thick but not watery. Keep this aside for 5 mins to marinate.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a shallow pan for deep frying. When it is hot, deep fry the every piece of marinated mushroom until it changes color. Once done, drain the excess of oil and take it out from the pan.
- Finally garnish with chopped spring (green) onion and sriracha sauce.
- Enjoy with tea.
- You can omit the ajinamoto, if you don't want.
- Red Chilly powder can also be added in place of green chilly.
- As soy sauce is salty in taste, you don't want to add table salt.
Health Benefits of Mushroom
- Low in calories
- High in protein and fiber.
- Good source of iron, niacin, vitamin B, C and D and anti-oxidants.
- Significant anti-bacterial activity.
- Good for immune function and cardiovascular benefits.
Labels: Budget Meals, IndoChinese, Kids Corner, Snacks