Don't have time to make morning breakfast ? Prepare this breakfast bars ahead of time and take your breakfast on the go. These easy to make raspberry bars are a perfect healthy snack and are packed with all nutrients. Here I used raspberries, you can use any berries like strawberry or blueberries or blackberries to make this breakfast bars. These bars also make a great trail snack.
3/4 Cup of Raspberries
3 Tbsp of Sugar
1 Tbsp of Corn Starch
1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice
3/4 Cup of Quick Cooking Oats or Multigrain Cereal
1/4 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/4 cup Packed Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp of Walnut Pieces
1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
3 Tbsp of Vegetable oil
1 Tbsp of Ground Flax Seed
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a pan, add raspberries, sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Stir over medium heat until the mixture comes to a boil. Simmer and stir it for 2 minutes until the sauce gets thick. Turn off the flame.
- In a blender or food processor, add oats, wheat flour, sugar, flax seed powder, walnuts and cinnamon. Grind it to a fine powder. Transfer this to a bowl, add oil to the mixture and mix it with spoon.
Assembling the bars in a baking pan.
- Take a baking pan, place half of the crumb mixture evenly on bottom of the pan.
- Spread raspberry filling evenly over crumbs. Again top it with remaining crumbs and pat down gently.
- Bake it for 25 minutes.
- Take out the pan from oven. Let it cool completely for 10 mins. Then cut into bars and serve.
- If you don't have flax seed powder, add 1 egg instead.
- Add any nuts of your choice in place of walnuts.
- You can also try any fruits like blackberry or blueberry instead of raspberries.
Health Benefits of Raspberries
- Helps to lose weight.
- Reduces cancer risk.
- Maintains the cardiovascular health.
- Enhances fertility.
- Slow aging process.
- Strengthens the immune system.
Labels: American Recipes, Baking, Breakfast, Snacks