Baking bread is one of life's simple joy. I got messages from two readers asking for yeast free and allergy free bread recipe. So I was searching for yeast free bread in google, I saw lot of beer bread recipes. Finally I got this recipe from here where club soda is used in place of beer. I really love that non alcoholic version of bread and slightly modified the recipe. In this bread recipe,there is no need for yeast or dough starters . This is so simple and easy to make yeast free bread. This is like quick to fix, mix all dry and wet ingredients together and pour it into a pan and bake it. If you have yeast allergy, then try this allergy free bread and enjoy with a cup of hot soup or coffee...
3 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
1.5 Tsp of Baking Powder
1 Tbsp of Sugar
Pinch of Salt
3 Tbsp of Flax Seed Powder / Flax Seeds
2 Tbsp of Sesame Seeds
2 Tbsp of Pumpkin Seeds, for topping
2 Cups of Club Soda / Coke( Room Temperature)
- In a bowl, add all the dry ingredients except club soda and pumpkin seeds. Mix everything well with a fork. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Now add club soda to the flour. Measure carefully, trying not to let it froth up. Stir everything well to combine.
- Preheat the oven to 492 degree F.
- Grease the pan with some oil or butter.
- Transfer and fold the dough into greased baking bread pan, sprinkle some pumpkin seeds on top. Bake at 392 degree F (200 degree C) for 45-50 minutes. Check it by inserting tooth prick in the center of bread, if it comes out clean, then your bread is ready.
- Allow the bread to cool down for 10 mins, then carefully take it out from the pan and enjoy the slice of healthy bread with hot soup !!!!
- You can use mix of whole wheat and white flour (maida)
- It stays good only for 3 days as it has no preservatives.
- To make the bread more flavorful, add some mixed herbs or Italian seasoning or crushed garlic to the flour.
- For topping, you can use any seeds like sunflowers, cucumber seeds, sesame seeds or any chopped nuts.
- If you want to change the bread to alcoholic version, add beer in place of club soda.
Health Benefits of Whole Wheat Bread
- Rich in fiber, helps in proper functioning of digestive tract and lowers the cholesterol and metabolic syndromes.
- Reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Reversing the weight gain process.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes.
- Excellent laxative properties.
- It has powerful antioxidant, which is vitamin E, good for skins.
Labels: American Recipes, Baking, bread, homemade