I never tasted corn bread before and this is my first time, I tried and tasted this corn bread. It came out so good, moist and delicious. My husband who loves Mexican food and has tasted corn bread before, so after he tasted my corn bread and said that " this was the best corn bread I have tasted". I was very happy and I was in cloud nine This easy homemade corn bread recipe is without eggs and butter. To make this corn bread more flavorful and spicy, I added jalapenos and cheddar cheese to the batter. Jalapenos adds a extra zing to the bread. This dish can be made in a jiffy, it just takes 30 minutes to finish. You can serve this bread for breakfast or lunch or dinner with soups or spicy dishes like vegetarian bean chilli. I will be posting my bean chilli recipe in my next post.
1.5 Cups of Milk
1.5 Tbsp of Distilled White Vinegar or Apple Cider Vinegar
1 Cup of Cornmeal , I used corn flour
1 Cup of All Purpose Flour
3 Tbsp of White Sugar
1/2 Tsp of Salt
1 Tsp of Baking Powder
1 Tsp of Baking Soda
2 Tbsp of Canola Oil
2 Jalapeno's, Chopped
3 Tbsp of Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425 degree F. Lightly oil a 9 *9 inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar, and set aside.
- Mix the corn flour, all purpose flour, sugar, salt, oil, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl. Finally add the milk and vinegar mixture. Stir well with a whisk.
- Pour the batter evenly in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake until the top is golden brown, 25-30 minutes.
- Hot jalapeno corn bread is ready to serve with bean chilli
- You can serve it for breakfast with soups or spicy dish like chilli.
- The recipe calls for cornmeal, but I used corn flour.
- Both are ground corn. Difference is cornflour is usually ground to a fine texture than cornmeal.
- Add frozen corns to the batter, for crunchiness.
- If you don't get jalapenos in your place, replace it with any chilly.
- If you don't want jalapeno and cheese, just skip it and make a plain corn bread.
- If you want vegan version, just replace milk with non diary milk such as soy or almond milk.
Health Benefits of Corn
Tags : cornbread, cornbread recipe, how to make cornbread, cornbreadrecipe without eggs, jalapeno cheddar cornbread recipe, jalapenocornbread, thanksgivingrecipe, americanrecipe, baking, breadrecipe without eggs and butter.
- Good source of dietary fiber.
- Fiber in corn helps to reduce blood cholesterol and reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Rich source of vitamin folate helps in support of cardiovascular problems.
- Controls diabetes and hypertension.
- Prevents anemia.
- Good for eyes and skin.
Labels: American Recipes, Baking, bread, Breakfast, Budget Meals, homemade, Lunch Box Items, Mexican Recipes