Asparagus is also called Thannervittan Kilangu in Tamil. This is a delicious and healthy stir fry of asparagus and baby bella mushroom. Asparagus is a power house of goodness because it has lot of health benefits like detox, anti-aging properties and it increases the chances of fertility, so it should be added to the healthy diet. This stir fry is full of flavor of coconut oil and steak seasoning. Here, I used Tamari in place of table salt. With just 5 ingredients, you can make this asparagus dish in less than 15 mins. This easy asparagus (Thannervittan Kilangu) stir fry goes well with rice.
10 Oz of Asparagus
5 Baby Bella Mushroom, Sliced
1/2 Tsp of Steak Seasoning
1 Tsp of Tamari / Soy Sauce or to taste
1/4 Cup of Water
2 Tsp of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Wash and slice the mushroom into thin slices.
- Wash and cut the lower end of the asparagus.
- Heat coconut oil in a cast iron pan over medium heat, add asparagus and mushroom, saute this for 2 mins, add steak seasoning, mix it to evenly coat asparagus. Add water and tamari or soy sauce, mix it, cover and steam until water evaporates and asparagus turns tender, about 5-7 mins in medium flame.
- Yummy asparagus baby bella mushroom stir fry is ready to serve.
Health Benefits of Asparagus
- If you don't want soy sauce in your stir fry, you can use normal table salt.
- Add garlic powder, pepper powder, red chilly flakes and salt in place of steak seasoning.
- You can use cooking oil instead of EV Coconut Oil.
- Steak seasoning is little salty in taste so be careful in adding tamari or soy sauce.
- Good source of vitamin A, E, C, K and folate.
- Rich source of glutathione, a detoxifying compound that helps to break down the carcinogens.
- Increases the chances of fertility
- It contains anti-inflammatory compound that protects you from diabetes type II and heart disease.
- It can help to prevents osteoporosis, osteoarthritis and birth defects.
- It helps to lose weight.
Labels: American Recipes, Budget Meals, Side Dishes