Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread / How To Make Whole Wheat Bread From Scratch / No Egg Bread Recipe





    Making bread is not only fun but also gives great satisfaction. I always prefer whole wheat bread than white bread , as whole wheat bread is rich in fiber and other healthy nutrients. I love brownberry wheat bread which they sell in nearby grocery stores. Most of the day I start my breakfast with sandwiches or toast. My favourite is almond/peanut butter-jelly sandwich. You can also see lot of sandwich recipes in my recipe index. When I was searching for whole wheat bread recipe in google, I saw lot of recipes which has all purpose flour in it in addition to whole wheat flour. At last, I got this recipe from King Arthur flour company website which uses 100% whole wheat . I tried making bread 3-4 times, and it always turns out good with this recipe and the aroma of hot bread  being baked fresh which I dearly love is enchanting . In this recipe, I added milk and oil, which makes the dough soft and smooth and the addition of honey gives a rich  taste to the bread. You can make 1 loaf of bread from this recipe.




        Ingredients

              3.5 Cups of Whole Wheat Flour
              1 and 1/4 Cups of Lukewarm Water (110 Degree F)
              2 Tbsp of Honey
              2 Tbsp of Brown Sugar
              1/4 Cup of Vegetable Oil
              2 1/2 Tsp of Instant Yeast / 1 Packet Active Dry yeast dissolved in 3 Tbsp of Lukewarm Water(105 Degree F)
              1/4 Cup of  Baker's Special Dry Milk/ Non-Fat Dry Milk / 2% Cow's Milk
              1 Tsp of Salt
              1 Cup of Flour for dusting
              Thermometer



   Method

 
     Mixing : 
        
     Kneading:

 
     Rising:


     Punch:

            Punch down the dough by pushing your fist into the center of the dough. Again, knead it for 10 mins on a lightly floured surface.

     Shaping:
  


    
    Baking


    Test



    Storage



     Tips




    Health Benefits of Whole Wheat Bread

Labels: , , ,