ONION STUFFED PARATHA ( Step by step procedure)
Onion has been used as an ingredient in various dishes for thousands of years by many cultures around the world. This delicious onion paratha is a healthy dish for breakfast or lunch or dinner. They are easy to make, healthy alternative to regular chapathi. It tastes really great with raita or dal or subzi
1 and 1/2 Cup of Wheat Flour
1/2 Tsp of Ajwain/ Carrom Seeds
1 Tbsp of Oil
2 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
Salt and Water as needed
1 Large onion (Finely Chopped)
3 Tbsp of Goat cheese or Cottage Cheese
3 Tbsp of Chopped Cilantro
3/4 Tsp of Red Chilly Powder
1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
1 Tsp of Cumin Powder
1/4 tsp of Turmeric Powder
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
1/2 Tsp of Dry Mango Powder/ Amchur Powder
Salt as needed
Making of Stuffing
In a bowl add all the " For Stuffing " ingredients. Mix well. Keep it aside.
Making of Paratha
- Take a required water in a kettle and boil it.
the mean time take a wide bowl and add flour, ajwain, salt and oil.
add boiled water to the bowl containing flour. Mix well with fork and
make a dough like you do for chapathi's. Keep aside for 15 mins.
- Heat a tawa or chapathi pan. Meanwhile make a equally sized balls out of the dough and roll it into a circular thin paratha.
- Now add the stuffing and fold the paratha and roll into square paratha as shown in picture.
- Carefully place the paratha on the heated pan. You will see tiny bubbles rises on the surface of roti.
it's time to flip the paratha with a spatula. Once first flip is done,
apply oil or ghee on the upper surface and spread all over the paratha.
again in 30 secs and apply some oil. Press paratha gently with a spatula
and cook till brown spots appear on both the sides of the roti.
- Onion stuffed paratha is done when both sides are brown and crispy. Remove it from pan and place it in serving dish.
- Repeat the same process with each ball of dough.
- Serve with any dal or onion raita.
- Adding ajwain helps in digestion.
- Adding warm water to flour makes paratha soft.
- Add butter instead of oil.
Health Benefits of Onions
- Rich sources of fructo- oligosaccharides. The oligomers stimulate the growth of healthy bacteria.
- Lowers blood lipids and blood pressure.
- Prevents cancers.
Labels: Breakfast, North Indian Recipe