Palak laccha paratha is a easy, nutritious and great in taste. This green colored wheat bread is cool to eyes and good to health is made with spinach puree, wheat flour and some spices. Healthy alternative to regular chapathi. It goes well with any dal , raita or aloo mattar or Panner bhurji
1 and 1/2 Cups of Wheat Flour
3 Tsp of Oil
1/2 Tsp of Ajwain / Carom Seeds
Pinch of Turmeric Powder
1 Tsp of Coriander Powder
Salt to Taste
To Make a Puree
1 and 1/4 Cup of Spinach
1/2 Inch of Ginger
1 or 2 Green Chilly
Put all the ingredients in a blender and make a puree by adding 1/2 Cup of Water
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, carom seeds, turmeric powder, coriander powder, oil, spinach puree and salt.
- Mix well with a fork and
make a dough like you do for chapathi. Keep aside for 30 mins.
- Heat a tawa or chapathi pan. Meanwhile make a equally sized balls out of the dough and roll it into a circular thin paratha.
- Put 1 Tsp of Oil and spread it evenly. Sprinkle some flour on it.
- Pleat the roti on one side as shown in pic.
- Coil the pleated roti into round balls as shown in pic.
- Dip into flour and roll it gently.
- Carefully place the paratha on the heated pan. You will see tiny bubbles rises on the surface of roti.
it's time to flip the paratha with a spatula. Once first flip is done,
apply oil or ghee on the upper surface and spread all over the paratha.Flip
again in 30 secs and apply some oil.
- Press paratha gently with a spatula
and cook till brown spots appear on both the sides of the roti.
- Spinach Laccha paratha is done when both sides are brown and crispy. Remove it from pan and place it in serving dish.Repeat the same process with each ball of dough.
- Hot spinach laccha paratha is ready to serve.
Health Benefits for Spinach
- One cup of cooked spinach has 42 mg of calcium.
- Spinach is your best bet for folic acid, which helps keep cells all over the body growing and functioning well.
an incredible non animal protein source of iron, which delivers oxygen
all over the body, providing much-needed energy to kids' muscles.
- Spinach also helps regulate blood sugar and keeps your children's hearts healthy because it's high in potassium and magnesium.
SENDING THIS RECIPE TO COOKING SPACE
priya versatile recipes
Labels: Breakfast, Kids Corner, Lunch Box Items, No Onion No Garlic, Snacks