EASY AVAL VADAI | POHA VADA | RICE FLAKES FRITTERS




          I usually start most of my days either with poha or oats upma or cereals. When I was talking to my friend, the other day, she gave me this vada recipe, since this vadai does not need any grinding and soaking part, immediately I want to give it a try, for my evening snack. Me and my husband really liked it, because it tasted almost like medu vada with crispy texture on outside and soft on inside. You can make this poha vada either as a snack or for navarathri celebrations or diwali. Also make this quick 30 mins aval vada for unannounced guests. I bet kids will love this vadai for sure. Serve this flattened rice vada either with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup and hot tea.



    Ingredients
    Yield : 9 Vadai

         1 Cup of Thick Variety of Aval / Poha  / Flattened Rice Flakes
         1 Cup of Water
         1 Medium Size Onion, Finely Chopped
         2 Green Chilies, Finely Chopped
         3 Tbsp of Thick Curd (Yogurt)
         2 Tbsp of Rice Flour
         2 Tsp of Besan Flour / Kadalai Maavu
         1 Inch of Ginger, grated
         1 Tsp of Whole Black Pepper
         Pinch of Asafoetida
         1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
         2 Tbsp of Cilantro (Coriander Leaves), Finely Chopped
         1 Tsp of Salt or to taste
         Oil for deep frying


    Method



    Tips
      

Labels: , , , , , , ,