Mint Coconut Chutney | Pudhina Thengai Chutney - Side Dish for Idly and Dosa

புதினா தேங்காய் சட்னி
              I really love the fresh aroma of mint. Research study has said that the aroma itself stimulates the salivary glands, there by increasing digestive enzymes and facilitates the digestion. 
              I bought 2 large bunches of mint leaves from near by Indian grocery store. Two days back I made mint pulao for lunch, I already posted that recipe in my blog. For today breakfast, I made this pudhina coconut chutney for idly. It just tastes yummy with dosa and paniyaram too. Do try this mint chutney with coconut and let me know how it turned out.


   Ingredients

            1 Cup of Mint Leaves(loosely Packed)
            1/2 Cup of Grated Coconut, I used Dry dessicated Coconut
            2 Tbsp of Roasted Bengal Gram (Pottukadalai)
            3 Green Chilies
            1/2 Inch Ginger
            1 Big Garlic Clove or 2 Small Garlic Cloves
            Pinch of Tamarind
            3/4 Tsp of Salt or to taste
            1/4 cup of Water
            1/2 Tsp of Oil to saute Mint leaves

    To Temper

             1 Tsp of Oil
             3/4 Tsp of Mustard
             1/2 Tsp of Urad Dal
             1 Sprig of Curry Leaves
             Pinch of Asafoetida (Hing)

    Method


    Tips     

    Health Benefits of Mint Leaves
         

Labels: , , ,