Methi Paneer is a delicacy from Northern Part of India. It is
made with fenugreek leaves and paneer or Indian Cottage cheese which is served as spicy gravy for paratha or roti or pulao. This dish is so simple to make and delicious and also it has lot of medicinal benefits.
1 Small Bunch of Methi or Fenugreek Leaves
7-10 Deep Fried Paneer or Indian Cottage Cheese
1 Big Onion, Chopped
2 Medium Size Tomato, Chopped
2 Tsp of Curry Powder
1 Tsp of Ginger Garlic Paste
2 Green Chillies
2 Tbsp of Dried Methi Leaves
1/2 Tsp of Amchur Powder or Dried Mango Powder
2 Tbsp of Milk
1/2 Tsp of Garam Masala
Cilantro for garnishing
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp of Oil
1 Tsp of Mustard
1 Tsp of Cumin
1/2 Tsp of Kalonji (Optional)
- Heat oil in a pan and add all the ingredients under " To Temper" List.
- Add onion and salt, fry for 1-2 mins until it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies, saute for 2 mins until raw smell vanishes.
- In a medium flame, add curry powder and saute for 1 min.
- Add chopped tomatoes, Saute well for 1-2 mins until oil separates.
- Add fenugreek leaves and paneer, cook for 3-5 mins so that it absorbs all the masala.
- Add dried methi leaves by crushing it between your palms, garam masala and amchur powder. Mix well. Cook for a 1-2 mins.
- Finally add milk and cilantro. Check the salt and turn off the stove.
- Hot methi paneer is ready to serve.
Health Benefits of Methi or Fenugreek and Panner
- Serve hot with vegetable pulao or roti
- If you want rich gravy, you can add cashews and heavy cream.
- You can also add lemon juice at the end, for more tangy taste.
- If you don't have curry powder, replace it with 1 tsp of coriander powder, 1/2 tsp of chilly powder and 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Rich in Viamin C and K
- Consumption of fenugreek leaves restores excellent digestion abilities
- Lowering type-1 and type-2 diabetes.
- Lower serum cholesterol, triglyceride, and low-density lipoprotein
- Rich in calcium.
- Good source of protein.
- Prevents stomach disorders.
Labels: North Indian Recipe